The NNO requires a candidate to fill the following position:
2nd Trombone (90%)
Audition date : 10 June 2021
Closing date for applications : 22 April 2021
Starting date : 1 August 2021
1. F. David: Concertino, 1st movement and A. Jørgensen: Romance
2. Orchestral excerpts
Those candidates invited to audition will be notified of the required orchestral excerpts.
Terms of employment:
- The contract is initially for a probationary period, becoming a permanent position if both parties are in agreement.
- Salary: scale 1 as in the Dutch Orchestras’ Collective Labour Agreement, which can be found at www.vvno.nl, the website of the Association of Dutch Orchestras.
- Contribution to the ABP Pension Fund is compulsory.
- There are two parts to the selection procedure. Firstly an audition is held to assess if the candidate has the required artistic qualities to be considered for the position. Secondly, an interview takes place in which the candidates affinity with the orchestra, his/her social skills and qualities will be discussed.
- Applications should be sent in writing (by email) indicating motivation for applying along with a Curriculum Vitae.
- The auditions are only open to EU citizens and citizens from Iceland, Switzerland, Norway and Liechtenstein, or other musicians already holding a non-temporary residence permit for the Netherlands with full work authorization. Selection for the audition will be made based on the written applications.
- The application, along with proof of nationality and copies of work and residence permits where required, must be received by 22 April 2021.
Based on the current corona measures, the audition can take place. The NNO follows the guidelines of the government: https://www.government.nl/topics/coronavirus-covid-19 and states with the invitation for the audition what the current corona measures are that the candidates must adhere to.
The audition will take place in Groningen. For further information regarding terms of the contract please contact Hedi Boersema, NNO Advisor HR. For more information regarding the audition procedure please contact Aaltje Wouda, NNO Auditions Secretary.
email : email@example.com
telephone : +31 (0)50 3695800
The Northern Netherlands Symphony Orchestra (NNO) is a forward-thinking symphony orchestra based in Groningen. The orchestra performs adventurous new programs, as well as traditional symphonic repertoire at the highest level. The NNO believes that nothing surpasses a live classical music concert, where there is essential communication existing between the orchestra and its audience.
The NNO is the orchestra of the North and is based in Groningen.The NNO performs in concert halls, at outdoor events and festivals, and for school children. The orchestra also travels to other venues around the country such as the Concertgebouw in Amsterdam, the Doelen in Rotterdam and TivoliVredenburg in Utrecht.
As a symphony orchestra we are at the heart of society and try to bring as many people as possible into contact with classical music. For NNO, this automatically means that we want to be an inclusive employer, which is why we value a diverse workforce. It is precisely the diversity in our orchestra community that makes us a special orchestra.
Antony Hermus is at present the Principal Guest Conductor, with Michel Tabachnik fulfilling the position of Conductor Emeritus. The NNO is currently comprised of 75 musicians. For more information please visit www.nno.nu.